Quality East Otago Breeding And Finishing Unit
Web Reference: SWDR0411
61 Stenhouse Road, Mt Trotter, Palmerston, Waitaki
- 61 Stenhouse Road, Mt Trotter, Palmerston
• 347ha of flat and rolling land with some steeper gullies.
• Excellent improvements include 4 bedroom home with open plan kitchen, dining and lounge, family bathroom, 2 toilets, second shower, office plus an additional bedroom sleepout.
• 3 stand woolshed with covered yards, large workshop/implement shed including tack room and killing shed.
• Property has undergone a significant regrassing programme over recent years.
• Property is supplied with 14 units of stock water from the Stoneburn scheme along with 1 unit from the Goodwood Scheme for house water.
• 43 paddocks in total with 18 paddocks deer fenced providing many grazing options.
• Feb 2020 running 300 R2 cattle, 200 R1 cattle, approx 2800 fattening lambs.
|Land Area||347.711 hectare|
|Nearest Town||Palmerston - 4km|
|Secondary School||East Otago High School|
|Present Condition ( areas approx. )||10ha Rape (grassed once), balance Mixed Age pasture|
|Average RF||approx 571|
|Altitude||54 masl at house|
|Weeds & Pests||A little gorse in the gullies, maintenance program in place|
|Subdivision ( No of Paddocks ) Main||43|
|Fences||18 Paddocks Deer fenced Post and wire with electrics, 7 wire with waratah. Approx 45% deer fenced|
|Water Supply||Stock - 14 units from Stoneburn House - 1 unit Goodwood house Troughs in paddocks - creek in gullies|
|Fertiliser||N2 Fertiliser is supplier. Biological approach. Feed soil minimum and based fert. Soil test available|
|Access & Roads||Full lane system|
|Supplements||Usually 200 bales baleage pa|
|Supplement made on Farm||Approx 200 bales pa|
|Homestead||• Open plan kitchen, dining & lounge • 4 Bedrooms • Bathroom with separate toilet • 2nd shower & toilet • Office • Laundry • Built 1964 • Summerstone brick • Iron • Bedroom double glazed • Aluminium Joinery|
|Other Homes||• 2 Bedroom sleepout|
|Farm Buildings||• 3 Stand woolshed • Covered yards • 1500 NP • 2 bay lockable workshop with tack room & Killing shed|
|Yards||Cattle yards and sheep yards at shed|
|Woodlots||5 ha pines (non pruned)|
|Wintered Stock Numbers ( approx )||Feb 2020 • 300 R2 Mixed sex cattle • 200 RI Calves • 2800 Lambs 500 of above lambs brought Winter 2019 • 500 Ewes • 900 Winter lambs • 314 RI Cattle Run in conjunction with another property|
|Rates Other||ORC approx $600.00|
|Contour Description||Rolling to steeper gullies|
|Shelter Trees||Natural gullies|